Thursday, January 3, 2013

Tired of the Drama



Today I received another certified letter from the dogs' owner.  This one contained a "Grounds of Defense" that s/he must have found online and printed.  I called the courthouse and was advised that these are not ordered until we go to court, and that they would not have just handed one out to the owner without an order from the judge.

To say this has been heart wrenching is an understatement.  I have been harassed by this person since the attack happened, receiving not only the letter today, but an earlier letter threatening to sue me for "slander" unless I recanted my story.  I informed the owner that I would not recant, because I didn't lie, so now s/he's resorting to asking us to pay $744 for the two dogs.

I honestly just want this to be over.  I tried, through messages with the owner, to resolve this issue.  I informed the owner that reliving it on a day-to-day basis is not good for anyone.  I'm tired of the nightmares, tired of thinking about how my girls must have suffered and how terrified they were, tired of wishing I had gotten up earlier that day - maybe I could have prevented all of this if I had only been awake and realized what was going on sooner...

I miss you and I love you my beautiful babies, and I won't stop fighting for you.  You did NOT die in vain!


No comments:

Post a Comment